This revolutionary palletising system design has been realised for one of our leading food-packaging clients here in Australia.
RA 's design for this solution allows printed-products from seven different lines to converge upon one high-performance palletising robot which, informed by a vision system, takes each type of box to any one of seven pallets and stacks them in their individual palletising patterns.
When any pallet is full, the robot changes over its vacuum gripper for a set of forks via an automatic tool-changing station and becomes a robo-fork-lift, lifting the full pallet and transferring it to an out-feed conveyor for the next stretch-wrapping process.
The robot then grabs an empty pallet from a magazine, replaces it into the vacated pallet position and continues palletising. That's one hard-working robot!
Equipment in Focus :
The solution features the mighty Motoman MPL800 'Master Palletising' robot which has a payload of 800kg and a huge reach of 3,159mm!Design Benefits :
- Compact design allows maximum performance using minimal floor space.
- Palletises full truck-height loads.
- An increased durability of the hose package by routing cable wiring internally.
- Hollow wrist with through-arm cabling reduces interference, maintenance and allows easier programming.
Solution Benefits :
- Reduced labor costs
- Reduced staff injuries from repetitive strain
- Reduced compensation claims
- Reduced lost production time
- Reduced damage to product and contamination from human-handling
- Reduced staff turnover & management
- Increased productivity
- Increased product quality
- Increased product Hygiene
- Increased product consistency
- Increased competitive advantage
- Increased safety