A local manufacturer of printed packaging partnered with RA to solve their unique production challenge.
RA was able to purpose-design & build an in-line machine which accepts large stacks of printed board sheets that have been scored into individual package-shapes.
This machine (pixelated at right for client-confidentiality) breaks the sheet-stacks down at the scored-edges into individual package-stacks before presenting them neatly to two palletising robots - Motoman MH165 models (165kg payload) with custom RA -designed grippers.
The robots are able to grip and clamp each of these loose package-stacks as they transfer them to the pallet in their required palletising-pattern. Thanks to RA 's dual-purpose, pneumatic gripper design, they also insert a pallet slip-sheet (via arms extending, spider-like, with vacuum-cup ends) between every layer to increase load stability before the pallet stretch-wrapping process.
Benefits include :
- Reduced labor costs
- Reduced staff injuries from repetitive strain
- Reduced compensation claims
- Reduced lost production time
- Reduced damage to product and contamination from human-handling
- Reduced staff turnover & management
- Increased productivity
- Increased product quality
- Increased product Hygiene
- Increased product consistency
- Increased competitive advantage
- Increased safety