Robotic Assembly, Drilling, Nailing
RA have created this multi-function, robotic assembly solution for CMTP Packaging – a leading Australian custom pallet and packaging manufacturer. Play video below to see this multi-award-winning project in action.
This single robotic arm (Motoman MH165 ) solution handles 15 different parts to create two separate timber products and performs over 10 different automation applications in one. The system was able to relieve the dangerous and repetitive timber-work of up to seven staff in producing Vegetable Crates and Shipping Frames.
“Modern technology allows us to maximise the efficiency of the labour force by taking out any of the mundane tasks, manual handling and risk factors,” said the Managing Director.
“Production has tripled and product accuracy improved”, he added. “It’s made us more competitive and we’re aiming to be competitive on all bases. We’re providing a lot more export opportunities for our customers, so that’s growing the market which grows our market which retains employment.”
Benefits include :
- Reduced labor costs
- Reduced staff injuries from repetitive strain
- Reduced compensation claims
- Reduced lost production time
- Reduced damage to product and contamination from human-handling
- Reduced staff turnover & management
- Increased productivity
- Increased product quality
- Increased product Hygiene
- Increased product consistency
- Increased competitive advantage
- Increased safety